Today I get my first cavity filling EVER because my parents could afford fluoride treatments and enamel sealants when I was young. (We aren’t counting the 9 pulled teeth and nearly 4 years of braces.)
1. Do my hair and make-up extra pretty for the older, married dentist, to make up for my one cavity.
2. Cry periodically throughout the day.
3. Use it to get pity for a week.
4. Use it in future backhanded compliments. Ex: “Oh you have a filling today? I’ve only ever had to get one. My teeth are just really great. But I also had to get 9 teeth pulled because my teeth are SOOOOO big. You’re lucky yours aren’t.”
5. Act like an invalid for a couple days and demand all things be brought to me.